Monday, September 6, 2010

The Girls Chore Charts

Almost EVERY time someone comes over to my house they notice the girls chore charts on the side of the refrigerator and asks me to email it to them so they may customize for their children. I have created these using an Excel spreadsheet then uploaded them to Office Depot's online print services to have them printed then laminated. I also used the Velcro Commans strips on the back to hold them in place and can be removed when necessary.

The girls use an EXPO wet erase marker to check when they have completed their chore. If they did not complete a chore they put a Frownie Face in place of a check. Each girl starts out with a weekly amount and each Frownie Face deducts from that total amount. Morgan is older so she starts out with $10 each week and is deducted 20 cents. Brooke starts with $5 and is deducted 10 cents. They have done this long enough that I no longer remind them to check their chore charts. At the end of the day when they go to bed if they have forgotten to fill out their chore chart for the day (even if they have done everything) I put Frownie Faces in the blank spots. Not only are they responsible to do the chores but to check off that they did the chores.

I have posted this spreadsheet at the bottom of my blog. Please feel free to customize it for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment